Just in time for election season, teachers can now assign pre/post-game quizzes to get insight into what students are learning by playing Cast Your Vote. Learn more about the NEW assessment tool before assigning.
Election Day is coming, are your students prepared to vote? In our completely reimagined Cast Your Vote, students will discover what it takes to become an informed voter — from knowing where they stand on important issues to uncovering what they need to know about candidates.
This new version of Cast Your Vote allows your students to simulate the voting process and:
- Learn about the importance of local elections
- Watch candidates discuss important issues in Town Hall debates
- Identify issues that matter to them and rate candidates' stances
- Collect their own notes on candidates within an in-game app
For students with visual or mobile impairments: This game offers a keyboard navigation mode, as well as a screen reader to supplement the use of sound effects and voiceover. You can access these tools via the dropdown menu in the top left corner of the game screen.
For English and Multilingual Learners: Use the support tool, Spanish translation, voiceover and glossary.
Explore all of our free election curriculum and teaching resources at our Election Headquarters.
- Establish, explain and apply criteria useful in selecting political leaders.
- Evaluate candidates based on their qualifications, experience, voting record, endorsements, and messaging.
- Evaluate information and arguments from various sources to identify stands taken by candidates on issues.
- Compare different perspectives and prioritize issues according to personal views.
This Game is included in the following units: