**REMINDER: Teachers, have students take a screenshot of their certificate at the end of the game and send it to you as proof of game completion. **
In Counties Work, students learn about local government by playing a county official responding to citizen requests.
They explore questions like:
- Are citizens making sensible requests?
- Which county department can best address a citizen's concern?
- Should taxes be raised or lowered to maintain a balanced buddget?
- How will citizens react—and what's the best action when crisis strikes?
This game was made with support from the National Association of Counties.
- Simulate the role of county government, including organization, responsibilities, and services
- Identify appropriate resources and departments of county government to solve problems
- Consider how a budget and major sources of local revenue affect both services and citizens