The State Governor
In this lesson, students discover the roles and responsibilities of a governor. Through a reading and board game, the class will identify the source of a governor's power, as well as how that power is best used in a variety of situations.
- Describe the structure, powers, and authority of the state executive branch.
- Identify the source of a governor’s power.
- Decide which of a governor’s powers is best used in specific situations.
- Describe how a governor can use executive power to maintain order and safety in the state.
- Evaluate the role of state government in issues related to public safety and maintaining order.