The Presidential Agenda
For the winning candidate, campaign promises evolve into an official presidential agenda. And despite the doubting general public, 75% of agenda goals since Woodrow Wilson have been delivered. This mini-lesson takes a look at how the presidential agenda is developed, shared, and executed.
Got a 1:1 classroom? Download fillable PDF versions of this lesson's materials below!
- Explain the purpose of the presidential agenda
- Describe the process of creating and modifying the agenda over time
- Apply the concept of checks and balances to the relationship between the president and Congress as it relates to the presidential agenda
- Analyze strategies used to create a successful agenda
- Explain the role of the State of the Union in communicating the presidential agenda