Branches of Power
Do your students like running things? The new version of Branches of Power allows them to do something that no one else can: control all three branches of the U.S. government.
In Branches of Power your students will:
- Pick leaders for each branch of government
- Create a presidential agenda and learn about the executive branch powers
- Introduce bills and pass laws out of Congress
- Apply judicial review to passed laws
For English Language Learners: Use the support tool, Spanish translation, voiceover and glossary.
Branches of Power and its Extension Pack are correlated according to WIDA's methodology using the WIDA PRIME V2 Inventory. To see how these materials best meet your ELL students' needs, click here. (Note: PRIME stands for Protocol for Review of Instructional Materials for ELLs.)
- Simulate the way separation of powers and checks and balances limit government
- Analyze the structure, functions, and processes of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches
- Illustrate the law making process at the local, state, and federal levels