Ever tried to win a disagreement? In Argument Wars, you will try out your persuasive abilities by arguing a real Supreme Court case. The other lawyer is your competition. Whoever uses the strongest arguments wins!
** NEW** Argument Wars Extension Pack now available! Make your students’ game play more meaningful with activities designed specifically for Argument Wars. This easy-to-use Extension Pack helps you give context and purpose to the game and reinforce the game concepts. That means deeper learning for students, and best practices around game-centered learning for you! Extension Packs require PowerPoint and are designed for use with projectors or interactive whiteboards.
- Bond v. United States
- Brown v. Board of Education
- Gideon v. Wainwright
- Hazelwood v. Kuhlmeier
- In Re Gault
- Miranda v. Arizona
- New Jersey v. T.L.O.
- Snyder v. Phelps produced in cooperation with the Harlan Institute
- Texas v. Johnson
- Analyze the arguments and outcomes of landmark Supreme Court cases
- Evaluate available support for an argument to assess whether reasoning is sound and support is relevant or irrelevant
- Recognize the significance of the Constitution and Supreme Court precedent in deciding cases