In Argument Wars, students try out their persuasive abilities by arguing a real Supreme Court case. The other lawyer plays their competition. Whoever uses the strongest arguments wins!
Landmark cases include:
• Bond v. United States
• Brown v. Board of Education
• Gideon v. Wainwright
• Hazelwood v. Kuhlmeier
• In Re Gault
• Miranda v. Arizona
• New Jersey v. T.L.O.
• Snyder v. Phelps (produced in cooperation with The Harlan Institute)
• Texas v. Johnson
Argument Wars Extension Pack
Activities and teaching tools to reinforce key game concepts.
- Analyze the arguments and outcomes of landmark Supreme Court cases
- Evaluate available support for an argument to assess whether reasoning is sound and support is relevant or irrelevant
- Recognize the significance of the Constitution and Supreme Court precedent in deciding cases