Engage your students in the hard work of lawmaking with our newly upgraded, LawCraft!
In the game, students navigate steps for crafting a law, from selecting a district to represent to reviewing letters from constituents and digging into survey data to drafting a bill that serves the people. As they complete each step, students learn to make compromises and balance competing issues while still passing a bill they’re proud of.
- Simulate the lawmaking process of the U.S. Congress
- Given a national issue, balance competing interests to create a law
- Make connections between a law's text and the values it represents
- Explore the relationship between a legislator and a diverse constituency
- Evaluate legislation for impact on various socioeconomic groups