Wanted: A Just Right Government
Students learn how the U.S. Constitution came to exist by looking at the tensions and differences of opinion that existed among early American states and citizens. Students learn about the Articles of Confederation, why the first “constitution” didn’t work, and how compromise led to the Constitution.
Students will be able to…
- Describe how the weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation led to the writing of the Constitution.
- Compare different states' needs and interests.
- Compare the Virginia Plan with the New Jersey Plan.
- Compare the Articles of Confederation with the Constitution.
- Identify cause/effect relationships in the development of America's government.