Comparing Constitutions: Ohio - HS
What’s the difference between Ohio’s state constitution and the U.S. Constitution? And how are these constitutions similar? This lesson helps students learn the answer by letting them get hands-on with side-by-side excerpts from both constitutions. Students will compare and contrast the government structure, individual rights, and amendment processes outlined by each document.
Students will be able to:
- Determine how the Ohio Constitution complements the federal structure of government in the United States.
- Compare the state government defined in the Ohio Constitution with the federal government defined in the U.S. Constitution.
- Compare and contrast rights found in the Ohio and U.S. Constitutions.
- Compare and contrast methods for amending the Ohio and U.S. Constitutions.
- Consider Ohioans’ responsibilities to state and local governments.