The president isn’t alone when it comes to the day to day work of the Executive Branch. This lesson takes a look at the history of the presidential cabinet, how the cabinet is built through the confirmation process, and why this elite group of people matter to you.
Got a 1:1 classroom? Download fillable PDF versions of this lesson's materials below. Or use our Customizable Google Slide activities!
Partner Resources for this Lesson Plan include:
- Identify the origin and purpose of the president’s cabinet
- Describe the process of becoming a member of the cabinet
- Identify the 16 cabinet positions and the general topics for which they are responsible
- Explain how politics can impact the success of presidential nominations for the cabinet
- Track nominations and confirmations of the new presidential administration
Resources for this lesson are available in print and digital form. A free teacher account is required to access them. Log in or register below.