Race to Ratify
- Identify the main stances of the Federalists and Anti-Federalists between 1787 and 1789.
- Understand the key debates surrounding the ratification of the constitution, including an extended republic, the House of Representatives, the Senate, executive power, the judiciary, and a bill of rights.
- Interact with the ideas, perspectives, and arguments that defined the ratification debate.
- Explore the many different viewpoints, which spanned geographic regions, populations, and socio-economic class.
- Identify the building blocks of the proposed Constitution.
- Engage with competing ideas in order to form an effective and cohesive set of arguments for, or against, ratification within a state.