NewsFeed Defenders is a challenging game designed to sharpen students' news literacy skills.
In Newsfeed Defenders, students will:
• Join a fictional social media site focused on news and information
• Learn elements of high-quality journalism and markers of deceptive posts
• Spot dubious posts that sneak in through hidden ads, viral deception, and false reporting
For the best play experience, click "Play Fullscreen" in the upper right area of the screen.
- Identify markers of verification, transparency, accountability, and independence in news stories.
- Define and identify problematic news items, and other news-related types of misinformation.
- Explain a variety of strategies to verify images and information.
- Evaluate text for bias based on word choices and framing methods.
- Use third-party information to judge credibility of a source.