9:40-10:50 a.m. What is Civic Literacy?
It is almost universally accepted that citizens need basic knowledge and skills to effectively participate and lead. But what does civic literacy include, and does it change over time?
- Ray Suarez, Senior Correspondent, PBS Newshour (moderator)
- Howard Gardner, Education Professor, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Diana Hess, Education Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Craig Watkins, University of Texas, Austin
- Jay Winik, Historian and best-selling author, "April 1865" and "The Great Upheaval"