Trial Court Simulation
Students participate in a scripted fictional trial about an alleged breach of contract between the buyer of a car, Blair Bayer, and the seller of the car, Skylar Cellar. Students learn the vocabulary and process of small claims court and have the chance to play plaintiff, defendant, judge, and jury. This lesson and simulation are complete with witness statements, evidence, a trial script, and jury instructions.
But wait there's more! Test students' knowledge of lesson vocabulary with our Kahoot!
- Simulate trial preparation by reading and evaluating witness statements
- Identify the best facts for each side
- Simulate participation in a trial by reading a script
- Evaluate the arguments of both sides in a trial
- Simulate jury deliberation by apply the law to a set of facts to reach a verdict