Step 2: Find What You Need
Do your students breeze through internet search results, easily weeding out irrelevant results and finding exactly what they need? No? This step offers a detailed look at how to search for and find reliable, relevant information on the internet. Students practice going through a set of sample search results, then use a guided process to compile a list of possible information sources about their issue.
The student will:
- Make sense of internet search results and find relevant results
- Determine whether a source is reliable
- Broaden or narrow their search strings in order to get more relevant results
- Appropriately use social media to find information
- Take quick, preliminary notes on possibly relevant sources
Resources for this lesson are available in print and digital form. A free teacher account is required to access them. Log in or register below.