State Executive Branch (HS)
Students dive into the structure and functions of the executive branches found across state governments. They will learn about the most common executive offices, how the state executive branches regulate actions within the state, and identify the officials in their own state. A spotlight on voter ID laws gives students a chance to take a closer look at state election agencies.
This resource was created with support from the State Government Affairs Council.
Students will be able to:
- Explain the functions of departments or agencies in the state executive branch
- Describe the roles of top state officials
- Explain how government agencies create, amend and enforce policies in local & state governments
- Identify executive departments and agencies in the student’s own state
- Describe how the executive branch engages with the checks and balance system of state government
Resources for this lesson are available in print and digital form. A free teacher account is required to access them. Log in or register below.