Meet the Supremes Teacher's Guide
This document offers teachers a “quick peek” at the background, arguments, decision, and rationale for 35 Supreme Court cases. The cases are organized into four thematic categories, and include links to mini-lessons on specific cases where available. The Guide also provides the general learning objectives for all of the mini-lessons found in the Landmark Library.
The student will...
- Describe the facts underlying a variety of landmark cases.
- Identify the Constitutional rights at issue in each case.
- Identify the main arguments put forth in each case.
- Describe the Supreme Court’s decision and analysis.
- Identify the long-term impact of the Court’s decision.
Resources for this lesson are available in print and digital form. A free teacher account is required to access them. Log in or register below.