You bet we do! What economic, political, and social factors led to the writing of the Declaration of Independence and American Revolution? How are emerging ideals of government taking shape in the colonies? In this lesson, students learn what caused the colonies to declare independence from Great Britain and analyze how ideas behind the split are reflected in the Declaration of Independence.
Got a 1:1 classroom? Download fillable PDF versions of this lesson's materials below!
*Note: One or more of the activities for this lesson is not compatible with Kami viewer at this time. Be sure to check the “Download Resources” button below to use these activities.
- Identify key causes resulting in the Declarationof Independence and the Revolutionary War
- Describe the colonies’ grievances with Britain
- Explain the effects of British economic and political policies on the colonies
- Explain social factors that influenced the writing of the Declaration of Independence
- Analyze ideals found in the Declaration of Independence
Resources for this lesson are available in print and digital form. A free teacher account is required to access them.
This Lesson Plan is included in the following units: