The "Supreme" in Supreme Decision
After playing "Supreme Decision" with your class, use this lesson to reinforce the concepts students learned by playing the game. In this lesson, students compare Ben Brewer’s fictional case in “Supreme Decision” with a real-life case involving a student. They also look at a variety of historic landmark cases to understand why precedents and judicial review are important in peoples’ everyday lives.
This lesson assumes your class has already played "Supreme Decision."
Got a 1:1 classroom? Download fillable PDF versions of this lesson's materials below!
Students will be able to…
- Recall the justices’ analysis in Supreme Decision.
- Analyze a real-life case.
- Compare the analysis of the real-life case with an analysis of Ben’s case.
- Evaluate the effect of landmark cases on everyday life.
- Explain the importance of judicial review.