Race to Ratify Extension Pack
Make your students’ gameplay more meaningful by using our activity and assessment set designed specifically for Race to Ratify. This easy-to-use Extension Pack helps you give context and purpose to the game, as well as reinforce and assess the game concepts. That means deeper learning for students and best practices around game-centered learning for you! Extension Packs require PowerPoint and are designed for use with projectors or interactive whiteboards.
- identify the main stances of the Federalists and Anti-Federalists between 1787 and 1789
- understand the key debates surrounding the ratification of the Constitution, including an extended republic, the House of Representatives, the Senate, executive power, the judiciary, and a bill of rights
- interact with the ideas, perspectives, and arguments that defined the ratification debate
- explore different viewpoints spanning geographic regions, populations, and socio-economic class
- identify the building blocks of the proposed Constitution