What exactly is the ideal government? Let some of history's leading philosophers give you their take. In this lesson, students explore how philosophers have explained the relationship between people and their governments and examine how those ideas influenced America's founding documents.
- Recognize philosophers and their ideas
- Compare how philosophers have explained the relationship between people and their government
- Understand how philosophers have envisioned the ideal government
- Explain how philosopher’s ideas influenced America’s Founders
- Identify the philosophies included in America’s founding documents, such as the Declaration of Independence