NewsFeed Defenders Extension Pack
Make your students’ game play more meaningful with activities designed specifically for NewsFeed Defenders. This easy-to-use resource set means deeper learning for students and best practices around game-centered learning for you!
Extension Packs require PowerPoint and are designed for use with projectors or interactive whiteboards.
- Identify markers of verification, transparency, accountability, and independence in news stories.
- Define and identify problematic news items, and other news-related types of misinformation.
- Explain a variety of strategies to verify images and information
- Evaluate text for bias based on word choices and framing methods.
- Use third party information to judge credibility of a source.
- Evaluate the benefits and challenges of digital news and social media to a democratic society.