AUGUST 04, 2020
iCivics is committed to providing high-quality and effective civic learning materials that are accessible–and engaging–for English language learners. Through Spanish-language versions of our most popular games and leveled ELL supports throughout both the games and ancillary materials, we are working to help every student understand our system of government and be inspired to participate in it!
We were honored to receive the 2019 President’s Award from the TESOL (Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages) Association. Honorees of the award are individuals or organizations outside of the English language teaching field that have demonstrated a commitment to English language instruction and education.
These 9 games have ELL supports:
- Argument Wars (Guerra de argumentos) (NEW in 2020)
- Branches of Power (Los tres poderes) (NEW in 2020)
- Cast Your Vote (¡A votar!) (NEW in 2020)
- Court Quest (Trayecto tribunal) (NEW in 2020)
- Do I Have a Right? (¿Tengo algún derecho?)
- Immigration Nation (Nación de inmigración)
- LawCraft (Taller de leyes) (NEW in 2020)
- Win the White House (Camino a la Casa Blanca) (NEW in 2019)
- Counties Work (NEW in 2020)
Each game offers the option to play in Spanish or English; English-language voiceover; glossary; gameplay scaffolds, embedded & printable content guides; accompanying Extension Pack with game-specific expansion activities and tips.
Watch the new trailer for LawCraft below in Spanish to get a sense of our game content for your students: