SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
iCivics Board Member, Associate Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, was honored with the Leadership Award at the 29th Annual Hispanic Heritage Awards. The Hispanic Heritage Awards is a celebration to honor those celebrities, community activists, innovators, business leaders, and others who contribute to the enrichment of American culture while celebrating the richness of their Hispanic heritage.
2016 Hispanic Heritage Awards Honorees:
- Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor (Leadership Award)
- Pulitzer Prize Winning Author Junot Diaz (Literature Award)
- Singer J Balvin (Vision Award)
- Actress/Singer Angelica Maria (Legend Award)
- the Fania All-Stars (Arts Award)
- George Herrera (Business Award)
- Dr. Diana Natalicio (STEM Award)
- Fitness Guru Massy Arias (Wellness Award)
- MicroTech CEO Tony Jimenez (Technology Award)
- Singer-Songwriter/Actor Prince Royce (Inspira Award)
The celebration airs on PBS Friday, September 30th, 10-11:00pm EST. For more information on the PBS special click here. Viewers and fans are encouraged by PBS to follow #MiHistoria and join the celebration of Latino culture by contributing memories, photos and videos via their favorite social networks.