Convene the Council
Step inside the White House Situation Room, as you take on the role of president of the United States and make foreign policy decisions with the support of your National Security Council.
In Convene the Council, you will:
- Address international crises through strategic action
- Engage with members of your National Security Council
- Weigh the pros and cons of various policy options
- Delegate action to appropriate government agencies and departments
- Work to improve core metrics of U.S. prosperity, values, security, and world health
For English and Multilingual Learners: Use the support tool, Spanish translation, voiceover and glossary.
Are you an educator? Check out the Extension Pack with activities and teaching tools to reinforce key game concepts.
This game was made in partnership with the Council on Foreign Relations, with support from The Peter G. Peterson Fund – New York Community Trust.
For more global civics resources from the Council on Foreign Relations, explore:
World101, a growing library of free educational resources that makes complex international relations and foreign policy issues accessible to all learners using videos, interactive maps, infographics, quizzes, and online teaching materials.
Model Diplomacy, a free classroom simulation program that invites students to step into the shoes of decision makers on the National Security Council or United Nations Security Council to debate the world’s most pressing issues.