NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Promotion begins on September 16, 2011 at 8:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 30, 2011 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”).
1. Eligibility: The iCivics Impact Challenge (the “Promotion”) is open to teachers of grades 5-12, as of 9/17/11, who belong to the teaching faculty of a legally accredited school within the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, and who are the age of majority or older in their jurisdiction of residence as of October 3, 2011. Employees, officers, and directors of iCivics (“Sponsor”) or any of its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, contractors, legal counsel, agencies, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
2. Sponsor: iCivics, Inc.; 1875 K Street NW, 5th Floor; Washington, D.C. 20006.
3. How to Enter: To enter, during the Promotion Period, eligible teachers (Entrants) may enroll one or more of their classes, which must be at grade level 5 through 12, as a competitor (“Team”). Between October 3, 2011 at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and November 30, 2011 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Competition Period”), Teams may earn points by playing games on the iCivics website (www.iCivics.org/games). If the Team has more than thirty (30) members, only the top 30 score-earners will count for the Team’s total score. Team members must be logged in with account associated with their Team for points to count towards their Team.
To be eligible, Entrants must be continuously employed by the same legally accredited school throughout the entire Competition Period.
4. Winner Selection: The Entrant whose Team has earned the highest points at the close of the Competition Period will become a potential Winner.
Upon being notified as a potential Winner, the Entrant must furnish within ten (10) days proof of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential Winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, that potential Winner will be disqualified and the next-highest point-earner will be designated as an alternate potential Winner.
In the event of a tie score, the Entrant who first registered for the Promotion will receive precedence.
EACH POTENTIAL FINALIST/WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
5. Prizes: The Winner’s Team will have the opportunity to participate in a videoconference session with retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, to take place within 6 months of certifying the Winner. Approximate retail value of this prize: $0.01.
In addition, the Winner’s school becomes eligible to receive one (1) VGo Robot. The school must indicate by writing within thirty (30) days of the notification of the Winner that it intends to accept this prize. Failure to provide this written acceptance constitutes forfeiture of this prize. Approximate retail value of this prize: $7,995.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if the winner release materials (see Section 3 below) are not returned within ten (10) days after being sent to winner or if two (2) attempts to contact winner by phone and/or e-mail are not successful.
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $7,995.01.
Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitution at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes.
6. General Conditions: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States. This Promotion is void outside the United States and where prohibited. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and/or (a) cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, telephone transmission problems; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
7. Releases and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree that Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY INTERNET SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION OR SPONSOR, OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EACH WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR) AND ALL OTHER RELEASED PARTIES AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO SPONSOR’S AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.icivics.org. For a list of winners, available for 60 days after verification of all winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: iCivics; 1875 K St NW 5th Floor; Washington, D.C. 20006. Vermont residents may exclude return postage.